Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Belated Earth Day

I saw a funny ecard yesterday that said "It's too bad Earth Day is being marred by a volcano that is making everyone hate the Earth." Ha ha ha...I mean I GUESS it is really bad timing but Happy Belated Earth Day nonetheless.

Earth Day has always been a part of my life since I was 16 and caught my best friend using her own birthday, April 20th, as her ATM pin code. I laughed and was like, "REALLY??? You don't think anyone could crack that code????" So we decided then to use each other's birthdays as our pin codes (as if people were anxious to get at the $26 we each probably had in our accounts at that time). So '0420' was that little number I typed in everytime I grabbed cash, pumped gas etc for over 15 years(don't get excited that I've splashed my ATM pin on the internet...an identify theif cracked my code and now everything has had to change). But if nothing else, it was a great way to never forget your friend's birthday.... or Earth Day for that matter :- ).

I'll leave you with a photograph of a more pleasant volcano. Active, erupting every 30 minutes sounding like a jet plane is flying too low in the distance. But beautiful by day. And an amazing spectacle of splashes of fiery lava in the distance of the darkness by night. And incidentally an insane place to zipline if you ever make it near there.

Arenal Volcano- Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment